leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
Got my X5 from Crevier BMW.

On Sunday, we agreed on a price. Among other documentation I brought 3 months bank statements to show I was serious. We were to come by Monday to finalize since the upper-level management was not around to approve my "cash deal" proposal.

On Monday morning, our CA calls me and tells me not to come down because I was linked to an exporter. I had not anticipated this, so I was in the area already since I wanted to beat traffic.

Apparently, because I drove all the way to Crevier BMW from Los Angeles and that I wanted to pay cash, I fit the profile of "an exporter" or someone being paid by "an exporter". Further, BMW NA "discovered" I was linked to an exporter. That's some ninja shit right there (albeit incorrect ninja shit). They claimed one of my past addresses was associated with the address of a known exporter. It's crazy because the car was to be under my wife's name and only her information was provided. We were only married for like 4 months but they managed to associate me with her.

What happened was that my mother sold her house to some guy who exported an X5 car 6 months ago. So that guy's new address was my old address. And we got "cross-referenced" <-- the turning point of every crime TV show right

So I challenged the department and told them I could provide whatever documentation they or BMW NA wanted to prove "my innocence". Over the course of the next several hours, they asked and I provided:
  • 6 months bank statements. This apparently proved I did not need the "$10k" that these exporters are paying regular joes to buy these X5s
  • proof that I still have my 991 and did not export it.
  • my LOI that I was indeed in the middle of escrow which is why I needed to pay cash.
  • mortgage statement, ladwp bill, and cable bill as proof of residence
  • proof that I did not export wife's 981
  • attorney affidavit and character reference

and a shit ton of waiting in between for the BMW NA rep to respond by email after each time we provided the additional documentation. All I have to say is thank fucking god for a combination of Google Drive and DropBox.

It was ridiculous. That Monday I arrived at Crevier BMW 10:30am. I left there at 6:45 p.m. At least I left with the car.

Yeah...so just because you finalize a price in SoCal...doesn't necessarily mean upper management will approve you for the deal...

Crevier apologized for the hassle. They told me that's why they have so many X5s in stock...because the process is so difficult. Said the X5 is a completely different ball game. If I wanted an M4, I would have to pay over sticker, but I at least I wouldn't have to be qualified like that. Or if I wanted the M6 off the showroom floor, he could go $24k off MSRP.

nuts. the luxury SUV market is nuts now in SoCal
What kind of deal you got with Crevier?
Appreciate 0