Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrsteve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
pretty much the Patriots effect. Sometimes, winning a lot becomes boring. Then a team like GSW comes up, is flashing 3s everytime they make a 3, kicking crotches and flexing, then all the sudden you forget about a team that wins on average 60 wins a season for A DECADE AND A HALF

Put this into perspective, Spurs won 5 titles in these 16 years. The beloved Warriors won 4 in their ENTIRE HISTORY if you give credit for the past Philadelphia franchise and pre-NBA.

Also doesn't help Spurs are also kind of boring to watch.
Agreed on the first part, but I never thought they were boring to watch.. Especially the year they took out MIA, that may have been some of the most beautiful/consistent ball movement which was calm in nature but gave MIA fits.

I think the culture of SAS is just extremely quiet, non-flashy and there isn't any room for eccentricity in the roster which takes away from them being as marketable so your casual NBA viewer has no idea they exist since they're lacking one of those players (I'm not going to bother to name them, you know who they are).

Perhaps it seems strange to me that after all of these years of proven consistency, teams like the Rockets and Clippers get much more attention.
They certainly used to have some flashy players. When we had season tickets when I was a kid, got to watch George Girvin all the time. That was a treat!
Appreciate 0