01-02-2024, 09:54 PM   #10
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCX5D MSPORT View Post
I just completed my 2nd EGR recall. Both times they replaced the intake manifold. On second recall they also replaced coolant system and lines. After second recall the engine light came on again. Dealer said it was due to the EGR valve they used was faulty. When replacing faulty EGR valve they damaged one of the bolts going into the emissions control unit (???) and they replaced the entire unit. Dealer claims it was a $5,000 repair that BMW would cover. I had my repaired car for 1.5 days and the engine light came on again. This time dealer "thinks" (great answer) that it's the exhaust back pressure sensor. At a cost of $700+ I agree to replace. Get my repaired car back, again, This time I had the car for 33 miles and the engine light came on again. Dealer is now saying my DPF is clogged and will not regen. Dealer quoted $6,000. My opinion is two fold, dealer is "guessing" and second, a faulty EGR valve and intake manifold will cause excessive soot buildup in DPF which BMW should be somewhat reliable for. Anybody else have similar experience?
Why are you paying? If you bring your vehicle in for recall in working condition, and after recall you get check engine light this is not your problem. I mentioned this in another topic but I would never pick up my car if it got a problem after dealer working on it. They broke it-they are fixing it.
Appreciate 1