02-02-2015, 10:49 PM   #39
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Car has been resting at the spa for over a week as they cannot resolve the parking sensor issue. I also mentioned horn delay when I dropped it off. "Horn what?", said the service advisor then; he could not believe it. He called me today and said they fully acknowledge the horn delay and think a software update should resolve it. I'll let you know when it is done. Not holding my breath.

side note: I noted the catalog lists different horns for EU, and for Russia/India. I am thinking Russia and India are likely louder, possibly higher pitch. The EU version should be a higher pitch......there is a thread on this subject already, but as the kids say these day "just say'n".
Please get the copy of the work order, since he acknowledged the problem, I wonder if the work order will come back with "Works as designed" or "No problems observed" instead of "inconclusive, needs to be reported back to HQ"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post
No way you're gonna get the car back with no delay in the horn. It's not a defect. Service just doesn't know that it's designed that way.
My first real need to honk this weekend and indeed, the delay made things more dangerous than needed (lane drifter).
Maybe at least they can document it and there is absolutely no way it's not a defect. I don't think anyone at BMW will sit and think about all those cool stuff and then eventually say "you know what, let's give the horn a super annoying delay and bug the sh*t out of most drivers". Or, when they upgrade the system they never happen to test the horn and they never realize it, even worse they see it and go "maybe they won't notice".

Welcome to horngate.