16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8twinturbo View Post
other piggy back tunes = uninstall before going in for every service
dinan = no stress
i have stage 2 on my 2016 X6M ... beast
Depends on your SA/Dealer, more non-Dinan tuned cars than Dinan in every state
Also the price for Dinan is equivalent buying the ultimate tune make better power and can still be reliable and not blow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Here's the way it works. Let's say you get a Dinan tune, and you blow your turbos. You go to the BMW dealership, and they will tell you "BMW warranty will not cover this damage, but we will work with Dinan and they will reimburse us for the repairs." There is no extra paperwork or concern on the customer's end, it's all dealt with between BMW and Dinan. I've gone through this once and everything was taken care of seamlessly.
You're correct, just make sure your dealership is Dinan certified and doesn't stop selling Dinan products as we've seen. Also, not every Dealership is so helpful as the one you may have. Some folks with Dinan have gone through horrible back and forth where BMW nor Dinan is stepping up causing delays and headaches, then the question comes up was Dinan really worth it afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Dinan's Piggyback Tune is NOT warrantied.... read the fine print.
The Dinan Sport+ $300 is not warrantied but the overpriced Dinantronics has warranty. People are basically paying for a mild tune that has warranty but forget that it only matches your 4yr factory warranty, so if you buy your car CPO and only have 1yr left of factory warranty thats what Dinan will match. Very few people read the fine print.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0