View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #43
burrito007
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

about handling, feel.. blah blah whatever is being discussed above:

I have owned 3 bmws and an audi. 323i, e46 M3, and a 2013 X5. I have also owned a 2011 S4 with a tune on race gas. (also have regularly driven some other cars including E classes, C classes etc.

The 2011 S4 was clearly the better performing car in every aspect. The steering was so precise and the car was so damn fast. However, in terms of steering feel, there was none and i mean NONE. it was so light i might as well have been steering with a wii steering wheel.

BMW definitely has the best steering feel of any car I have driven. The car with the best steering feel was certainly the e46 M3 even though its performance was nowhere near the S4 in any other aspect. going to an X5 from the S4 was a disappointing loss of power, BUT what I have gained in feeling is almost worth the tradeoff.

This doesn't translate to better performance, but realistically I get all of the performance I need out of the X5 on the street and it just feels "right"

throttle response is an entirely different animal. X5's sucks majorly. S4's wasnt so great either.

If the new X5 has lost that steering feel I certainly will not be upgrading.
Appreciate 0