View Single Post
      04-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #1
x5pilot
Fragile Explosion
Rep
Drives: X5 40d Msport

Incorrect grill color - Resolved

Some of you have complained, like myself , about their X5 being supplied with a black grill (slats) instead of the assumed chrome/titanium colored grills.

When I thought that this may have been an issue I told my dealer several weeks prior to deliver that I would not accept my car with the black grills as my specific order was consistent with the chrome illustrated grill in the product brochure. My car is an 40dM sport (UK spec).
I am aware, from other threads, that there are a number of European delivered 40dM with the (incorrect) black grill.
My dealer accepted (but did not admit) that this was an "mistake" at manufacturing and agreed to have the grills replaced at no cost to me.

I know this is a matter of taste and to some people it wont matter but the bigger issue here is BMW seem to think they can make this kind of mistake and get away with it.
In my opinion my X5 looks far better with the changed grill and I'm also quietly satisfied that this is another small win for us - the consumer!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0