jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
I did enough homework. I contacted 6 dealership in SoCal. So no, constructive feedback would be telling me how much of a discount is good and how you went about doing it.

Paul Bailey, internet manager at Irvine BMW, told me he could not even sell me a X5 xDrive below MSRP. His manager would not let him. I've known Paul for 7 years. So if, according to you, it doesn't take much to get $500-$1000 over invoice, that would mean Paul is lying to me and I'd be pissed.

An extended family member, who is in the export business, told me $2k off a xDrive X5 is considered "good". He is supposedly doing this every day so again, I am trusting this family member to know his shit so if he is not on top of his game, I'd be pissed.

I'm not sure how much homework I have to do to get to your discount level. But it seems more trouble than it is worth (to me).

And yes I don't care about the other $2k, as long as I don't feel duped I'm happy. It's the principle not the money. And you are taking that away from me without providing specifics.

BTW "an average discount is an average discount" you say. According to the stats in the PDF attached, I got an "above average discount" for my area.
Here is the PDF attachment, it didn't go through previously for some reason.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf New 2014 BMW X5 Price Quote w_ MSRP and Invoice.pdf (880.6 KB, 249 views)
Appreciate 0