View Single Post
      01-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #42
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
This dickhead sticker was on my windshield. Guess bmw isn't messing around with their "Warranty" and my radar will screw up their electrical system

Not sure how I feel about this. One hand warranty is needed that's why I bought a new car. Second even though by law we are protected to run aftermarket parts and equipment I feel like even without explanation the dealers can now void the warranty because it was wired into their cars electrical system. Only way around this is to put an aux battery in the boot for the radar lol
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way they can prove anything with a mirror tap if you did it correctly. "The sticker primarily pertains to improperly hardwiring by splicing into an inappropriate circuit, or poor installation of a grill mounted system. It is a legitimate disclaimer." So, if someone is messing up the wires by splicing/cutting into them, then that's the obvious tampering that any person can put two and two together. With an invisicord, I don't see this being a concern especially if you remove it before going in for service. Just my two cents since I've done the mirror tap like many others without issues for my V1.