06-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #12
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocOct View Post
Hey r33, is this essentially the same procedure needed to access the reflectors too? How tough was it to replace the new rivets for the fender flare?
@DocOct, it is the same procedure to access the reflector.
Here is the DIY for the reflector.
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1001633

The rivets is very easy, you just need to hold it in place while pulling the extended pin. The pin will break by itself once fully pulled and secured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta1978 View Post
Dear R33,

Would the fins work on a 50i? Proper installation through dealer not epoxy of course.

I am planning on replacing the solid grille panel with the half-solid/half-open grille on the one side (other side is already half-open) and installing these fins. Not sure what is behind the full solid grille so wondering if placing the half-open panel is possible and/or will expose something that should not be exposed.

Thanks...
@busta1978, it does work on the 50i as long as you have the M-Sport bumper.
I believe on the 50i, the right side is open grill already. I am not sure the configuration on UAE version. Behind that open grill it sits the oil cooler, in my case, the 35i, it doesn't have anything behind it. It doesn't have anything that not supposed to be exposed, so you are fine with changing it to the open grill.

Let me know if you need to order them, I can ship it international also. Have a few set in stock.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0