03-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #229
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideM4 View Post
Picking up a X5 35i shortly, so is Racechip better than JB4 stage 1? Not doing DPs or anything else crazy. Just want a little more HP over stock and easily removal. I have JB4 in stage3 for my M4 for last 25k miles so very familiar and happy with it. Just wanted to get opinions from the F15 owners.
Here are a comparison between the two.

Power gain wise, both are about the same. Just the RaceChip Ultimate is as easy as opening up the box and change the dial. While the BMS Stage 1, you need to connect the USB cable, turn on your computer, and change the setting.

Quality wise, RaceChip have weather proof casing and comes with dummy plug where you can just use it instead of removing the whole harness.

Now, I just brought in a couple sets of the RaceChip Ultimate Connect, where it will allow you to change settings on the fly. If you want something simple and easy, this will be it.
The difference between the regular Ultimate and the Ultimate connect:
RaceChip Ultimate Connect setting are preset. Through the app, it will only allow you to change from preset setting of Efficiency, Sport, and Race.
Although, you can ask for custom setting through them if you want more kick and they will supply you with a new firmware.
Also, through the app, you can set it to bypass the module without using the dummy plug.
Lastly, it has a warm-up timer which will automatically disable the RaceChip until the engine is up to its operating temperature.
Oh, and it will update the firmware as needed via Bluetooth.

In my opinion, the RaceChip Ultimate Connect is good for you who doesn't want to deal with testing each settings by yourself or have others driving your car (such as; valet, any family member who can't handle the power gain, or during service).
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1