View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #9
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

RR, to me, is still like a hot chick with STD's. Looks so good, but too risky. I'm not going to pretend BMW has Honda-like reliability, but Rovers just scare me. Especially since the the X5 is for my wife and kids.

The new RRS wasn't out yet when we ordered our X5, but I flirted with the old one twice and twice decided it was a bad idea, choosing an E70 X5 4.8i (for me )over the RRS Supercharged back in 2007, and an ML350 (for my wife) over a RRS HSE in 2010. Both times, the reliability scared me, and when I chose the E70, it was actually more based on performance and handling. Both were fast, too close to care (I think the X5 was faster but both were fast, at the time, for heavy SUV's). But the RRS felt far more like a truck than the commercials want you to believe, was not nearly as well planted and felt top heavy, way too much body roll, by comparison to the X5 4.8 with sport package.

Again, this was compared to the old model not the current, but those STD's were in the back of my mind both times
Appreciate 0