Thread: X5 Vibrating
View Single Post
      01-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #1
atyrimos
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

X5 Vibrating

Hi Guys,

I have a X5 2014 30d with vibrating problems. When going from 40-50km/h and accelerating the car starts vibrating, which more or less stops when you hold a constant speed but is so noticeable that sometimes I get dizzy from the vibration when in the car for a long time.

Went to the mechanic, left the car in the garage for 3-4 days to find the mistake with diagnostic tools but couldn’t find anything he said and decided that we should change the air compressor pump. Bought a new pump from Germany for 500€, brought it to him, changed it, nothing changed! After changing the pump he took the car to some platform that they check the MOT and found that there is a problem with the shock absorbers of the car, which are the VDC ones for mine. They cost around 500€ for each wheel and said that we should change the front ones that don’t seem to absorb the vibrations based on the readings from the Mot.

I would like to know if anyone had any similar issues. I can’t find anywhere saying that shock absorbers fail in F15s and I would assume that since there is a sensor there it would catch if there was some kind of failing part. I found some people having problems with vibrating cars that turned out to be unbalanced wheels or failing front shafts and ujoints. What I did notice after replacing the aircompressor that in the morning when I go to work the car was 5cm lower on the left side and 3cm on the right back side and as soon as I turn on the car the pumps lift the car back to normal. The mechanic did say that he tried many times spraying the air springs and found no leaks whatsoever.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0