11-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #306
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 550i & '14 F15 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybd2 View Post
Congratulations. Looks beautiful!

Would love more detail on the ACC, if you have more to share. The broader rollout of that feature is one of the main reasons I decided to get a new car. Do you have the Stop & Go, and is it a relief in congestion?

Also, does your vehicle (or any F15 for that matter) have the "clima windshield?"

Enjoy the ride!
Thank you Ybd2,

I've got the frontal collision warning set to a "early". So that's about 200' or so. I find that it works very well on the highway. We took a mini road trip to Philly yesterday and it performed very well. As you approach car or when cars pull in and out from in front of you, deceleration and acceleration is smooth. I think when cars pull in front of you inside of 100' deceleration can be a bit aggressive. Might make your heart skip a bit or too but I find the car responds well.

Switching lanes is another move that might make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up too. If you're switching lanes from behind one car to get behind another car that might be a little further ahead, there is a small burst off acceleration over the broken white lines. But the quickly finds the appropriate pace.

I have Stop and Go but haven't used it yet. Havent got caught in any heavy traffic yet. If its anything like ACC im sure its pretty awesome too. I think ACC got me down into the 40-50 mph range while on 95 yesterday. But I'm in Queens and Brooklyn today, so I'm sure I'll have use for it before the day is out. I'll let you know if I do use it.

Not sure what you mean by the "climate windshield" though.

M
Appreciate 0