View Single Post
      10-14-2017, 09:58 PM   #6
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
Mixing of tires was due to the Dunlop SportsMax rears going baby butt flat in less than 4K miles. The front ones were in better shape so I had to find rear replacements. Found a pair of Supersports at a good price and that's how I ended up that way.
Sizes on the 21's are the stock sizes, 285 and 325s. These were takeoffs from X5Ms.
I stick to the idea that the suspension tune in X5 are for RFTs with the stiffer walls. The wobblyness should be due to the NRFTs softer walls.
I'm not sure I'm following to be honest. I had stock RFT and changed them to NRFT and i don't have anything like you are experiencing. Are you sure rear tires are ok in terms of they are even and without bumps or flat spots or uneven thread etc?

P.S. Just to make sure - that X5M they were taken off is a F85 or E70? E70 has smaller rear hub, so if they fit your f15 x5 - that means they were drilled to 74.1mm hub size and hence big chance it wasn't done properly and you have wobbling now. If it's F85 - then it's a non issue

Last edited by DuSh; 10-14-2017 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0