08-03-2016, 03:10 AM   #10
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappySwede View Post
huh, 4 years of warranty in NA? we only have 2 years in Kia on the other hand comes with 7 years and lot of asian brands have 5 years.

the question is rather why so many engines and transmissions are being replaced within a few years. for anyone worrying about reliability i wouldnt recommend this car at all and after having my share of issues with a brand new F15 i probably wont be buying BMW again. warranty isnt helping as all the repair shops here are flooded with broken BMWs and cant even take my car in
In USA my '15 35d came with the 4yr/50k mile factory warranty to which I added the factory extended warranty that adds 2 more years and another 50k miles.

Of course BMW has changed time and miles with the 2017s and future years. Should be the other way around, but when the bean-counters start driving the show stuff happens and not always for the better.