Thread: Carly App
View Single Post
      12-21-2016, 09:14 PM   #13
GeoX5
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoX5 View Post
Save your money and wait to it matures. After paying over $120 for the adapter and software, it is very limited in what it can do on an F15 2016 X5. I bought it to reprogram a new battery in a 2009 X5. That worked flawlessly. I was also able to enable some features on the 2009, such as: folding mirrors by locking with the keyfob, and enabling tailgate close with the inside button and remote.

With my 2016 X5, the functions are much more limited.

The BDC module is the only module worth programming. KOMB and CSM are available, but there is nothing of interest to reprogram. Here is what I was able to do in the BDC module
  • Door lights from "off" to "on" during reverse
  • Welcome lights - reversing light right from "off" to "on"
  • Welcome lights - reversing light left from "off" to "on"
  • Changed Welcome lights duration from 20s to 90s (the door lights still go out at 20s)

Limitations
  • could not find Safety warning notices disable
  • could not find roll up windows with remote
  • could not find the ECM module for hatch gate to allow for closing the hatch with the key
  • iDrive is disabled
  • cannot set comfort folding for side mirrors from not active to active
  • could not set confort close using remote from not active to active
Please let me know if you have any success. I'm mostly interested in closing the tailgate with the remote, roll up windows with the remote, and fold mirrors while locking the car. I also have the drivers plus feature and would love to enable the auto high beam.
Appreciate 0