View Single Post
      02-01-2024, 11:55 AM   #16
f15booty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 M3 racecar / F15 X5D-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
Appreciate the offer, but not looking right now. Curious why you’re selling if everything is perfect? the setup looks great!
long story short, i've owned nothing but sports cars and lowered SUV's my entire life... it was time for a change and I wanted to do something different! I still have my E46 M3 that is set up as a sort of global time attack street class car, so with a few turns of my wrench to strip the aero, its actually reasonable to drive on the street with the front half of the interior being quite nice still and carpeted. If I want to go around some bends quick, I hop in that. Having some variety is the name of the game here

I had my fun with the wide set up, it looks really good and handles great in the city and on the fwy, long hauls etc, but my gf and I have been going camping, to the snow, mtb etc more and switching back to my OEM 19's was a chore and being lowered just didnt help in some situations we came across. So I decided to be the first F15 with 17" wheels that I have found + 255/70/17 WildPeak AT3W's, put back my stock suspension and raised it 30MM... AND its honestly been a blast and opened up a whole new world for us to explore.

Sure its no Jeep or Land Cruiser or tacoma off road, but we dont need the extra capabilities(yet) and I sure didnt want that driving experience and lack of creature comforts / tech that I am used to with my X5. I think we all buy bmw's for similar reasons and the interior and feel is one of those good reasons for sure... The bmw is very well rounded, still handles great, tows far better than the above, still gets over some pretty gnarly obstacles (good enough for our needs), interior and comfort is bmw, it looks great(way better than the others I mentioned imo) and its a diesel so I get great MPG still and reliability.

Appreciate 1
shimmy232351.50