View Single Post
      12-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #26
eonflux
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

I spoke with a BMW service advisor who said that the Vertical Dynamic Control (suspension) settings only affects the air suspension in the rear

Have been playing a game with my wife in which she selects a VDC setting without my knowledge of which one, and focusing on the rear, I can now differentiate better between the modes going over speed bumps and road irregularities in a straight line

Most obvious are Comfort and Sport Plus
I do sometimes mistake Sport for Sport Plus

The front end feels the same while the VDC is changed between Comfort, Sport, and Sport Plus
Previously, I was focusing perhaps too much on the front wheels and so it was hard to differentiate between the modes

The front suspension is pretty firm, and when the VDC is in Comfort, now feels unbalanced to me
The front feels like it's somewhere between Sport and Sport Plus, so better pairs with one of those modes

I've spent a lot of time tuning the suspension on my mountain bike, with air springs in the fork and rear shock, and generally prefer fore/aft balance

Haven't taken too many hard turns consistently in the different VDC modes to see if I can tell differences between settings, but I wonder if the front and rear active anti-roll bars will make the VDC mode differences a little harder to distinguish

Appreciate 0