United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatetrain View Post
How many people use the sport mode by moving the shifter to the left? Is that the same as sport mode or only sport shifting? I like this feature and use it a lot.
Moving the shifter to the left only activates the "sport program" of the transmission, thus changing shift points, allowing the transmission to hold gears longer and causes the transmission to shift much faster. It does not change throttle response, steering weight, suspension settings or DSC settings like the Driving Mode Selector does.

I usually drive in Comfort. I like Sport mode a lot, but it will not allow the transmission to shift into 8th gear automatically, so I don't use it much in daily driving.
Sorry if I misspeak for the F15 but this is how I use both modes and shifter position on my F10 5 series.

In Sport/ Sport+ mode, my paddle shifters allow me to shift up/ down temporarily for passing but after a (very short) few seconds, the car takes over and selects its own gear.

I prefer to use my shifter in the left position in Sport/ Sport+ mode to not only control my gears but also hold them. The car will not try to select a gear for me. This makes Sport modes way more fun. And it also allows me to actually use gears 7 and 8 in Sport+ mode while cruising at highway speeds and getting decent fuel economy.

Oh and shifter to the left works for holding gears in Comfort mode too, although I rarely ever use it.
Appreciate 0