View Single Post
      03-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #2288
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
On the way to Los Angeles, stopped for a quick lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
thanks for the confirm. You're the only once I've talked to that confirmed proper fitment. There's a european ski forum that discussed using the 265 on the OEM X5 315/35/20 tire. Someone claims the chains appear too small after install. But it didn't seem like an actual problem and there were no reported problems. The next size up, was way too big for the X5 tire.

So your chains didn't scuff up your wheels or rubbed against any body/suspension/brake parts?
Interesting about the link you posted. I'm wondering if these people just put the chains on without reading the user guide or assume it doesn't fit? In the manual/pamphlet, it clearly says you may have to adjust the chain for it work on some tires and for the 315/35R20 tire you need to take out the adjustment links or it won't fit correctly. It sits on my tires fine. In fact it never touches the rim. If you don't take the adjustment links out, the part that sits on the tire will be too tight and there cause the plastic ring to be pulled upward from the inside part of the tire making it look too big. Anyways, I imagine if some folks are worried about the clearance they can get spacers, but it works fine without any modification to the vehicle. Just don't drive too fast.
Appreciate 2