12-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #27
YXEM5
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Thats why I recommend an exhaust kit from a reputable company. Yes, it will cost more but they did their research and at the end you get what you paid for.

Heck even my MPE Oem tips came a little crocked. Cant imagine a custom exhaust would be perfect!!
I agree with you 100% and that is the route I usually choose. Every performance vehicle I have owned I have done just that. But this is an X5 35i we are talking about. Not exactly a serious performance vehicle. I am just an enthusiast and hate the idea of having a stock vehicle. It's a serious problem! Haha

My issue is an ACS or something comparable will cost me close to $4000 after shipping, taxes and exchange. A well done custom can be had for in and around $1000 so it's a thought worth looking into. Spending $4000 for no performance gain, a change in sound and different tips might be a bit too much to justify. Especially if some people have had success achieving similar results with custom set ups. Don't get me wrong, I understand that the quality of those brand name exhausts is top notch and it would be my ideal choice. If I was able to buy it at around $2000 like my neighbors to the south I probably would.
Appreciate 0