02-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #21
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWadrenaline View Post
Worst case scenario in the so called reckless driving video would be some bent suspension and curbed wheels. If the police would have seen it maybe a ticket.
Consider yourself lucky, I can assure you that a police officer would qualify that as reckless driving. I'm guessing this isn't the first time you have experimented with drifting on public roads and I'm also guessing that you didn't have friends with radios every time you "honed your skills".

I am a car enthusiast and enjoy spirited driving, but there is a difference between spirited driving and reckless driving and I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of accidentally killing or debilitating another person because of my selfish and irresponsible actions which is why I choose not to drive my car in that manner on public roads.

Accidents happen and you only increase the odds when you drive like a wild man. Maybe I just have more life experience than you or I have watched too many Youtube videos, but I can come up with far worse worst case scenarios than just damage to your car. Here is one such scenario, suppose the owner of the white car was in the house and decided to quickly grab something out of their trunk but your buddy with the radio that was watching that area didn't notice because the van was blocking his view and then when you blew/drifted through the traffic signal, you lost control of your car and careened into the back of the van which in turn crushed the person reaching into the trunk of the white car. Sound too far-fetched?
http://www.kmtv.com/news/local-news/...s-car-accident

FWIW... I'm not hating and my intent is not to lecture you either, we have all done stupid shit but you posted the video link and this is a forum where the community voices their opinions regarding the topic at hand.
Appreciate 1
ajob459.00