06-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #367
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Diesel, F450

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
This is truly optioned up! You can well into the 5.0i range! congrats
Thank you. Yeah, jumping to the 5.0 wasn't a huge increase in price (because the options lay out a little differently), but, we really wanted the diesel engine, the 5.0 is a great time to drive, but my wife would hate the trips to the gas station. She actually considers "range" as a very important buying criteria.

The only big options we didn't add are night vision and the dynamic handling package. Didn't feel the need to spend the money on DHP when we were able to go to the M suspension for so much less. We want it sporty anyway, so, hopefully that won't be a mistake. Night vision seems a bit unnecessary to me given that we're already paying so much extra to have better lighting. Also, I'm not sure if we'd really be able to use it effectively, seems strange to look at a monitor while driving (I'm sure you get used to it).

Oh, the other one was active steering. Didn't add that because saw too many people complaining about it. And, frankly, how lazy can we be? Too lazy to turn the wheel 3 more times when driving at low speed.

But, if you went all the way, active steering, DHP, night vision and BO sound system you could add another 10K to the price. So, in my mind, we were being frugal!
Appreciate 0