View Single Post
      10-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
I have had my 2015 X4 3.5d for almost a month now, and have experienced an issue with the mirrors that I don't think is "pilot error" so I wanted to reach out to this community to see if others have seen the same issue.

When I exit my vehicle in the garage each night, the mirrors are positioned as they should be for my driving. About every couple of days (give or take), I get in the vehicle and they are misadjusted as if someone much shorter than me has driven the vehicle. Since I'm the only driver, that's not possible. The service department is looking at things since yesterday, but since this is not readily reproducible I suspect I'll get a phone call soon saying they can't reproduce it or there is no problem. I'm asking them to keep the car for three days just to ensure that if it happens they will see it.

Has anyone else seen behavior like this, or could I be overlooking something that could cause the issue to occur?
Here's the chronology of the issue thus far:

I took the X5 in to the service department on 10/13, but they couldn't reproduce the issue. They reprogrammed the vehicle thinking it may have been a fluke in the original programming, and I picked her up the afternoon of 10/16. Murphy's Law, the issue recurred later that same night. After getting home that night, I decided to try an experiment, so I carried my wife's key with me (I left my key in the house) to try and discern whether the issue followed my key or the vehicle. That solved the problem... for a few days. Monday night the issue recurred.

I'll be taking her back on Monday, 10/27. The service department indicated they would bring in BMW NA on this issue.

More later...