splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel733 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFX View Post
Just wanted to see how those with OEM lips VHP or 3M tape (no betalink)is holding up for the front lip/spoiler? I just received my OEM lip and debating betalink vs 3m Tape. How hard is the install to do myself? looks pretty straight forward based on the pictures and instructions.
Yes heard many horror stories about 3M tape not holding. But if you use it correctly it works. My front, I use only 3M VHB Tape and supplied screws on the bottom. No Beta Link or drilling to attach the bracket. Had it on for a year now during 80 mph commuting and snow driving and solid as a rock. You just have to use the 3M tape in the correct areas. The rear diffuser, you have to use screws to hold the bracket in. No way around that unfortunately. The part marked in red is where the 3m VHB tape should go. Use lots of tape around the corners. After you finish the install you would need to tape the outside of the splitter to hold it in place so it can bond properly. Especially the corners. They tend to lift if no external tape is applied. I use Gaffers tape for that.
I 2nd this. I also went with no drilling on the brackets and used 3m tape with adhesion promoter. My car is driven over 80mph daily and never had problems for the last 4 months. However, make sure you tighten up the existing screws under the splitter monthly, they tend to loosen up after some time.

I went with 3m bc sooner of later it's going to get damaged, I want the option to go back to stock easily if needed to.
Appreciate 0