View Single Post
      08-15-2021, 04:57 PM   #12
BeachsideF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90--> E92-->F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
(I tried googling but found nothing lol). I have a '14 n55 with around 85k and realized theres a ticking noise while underload/accelerating that i noticed while driving with the window down and driving next to a wall/barrier so the sound bounces back to me.

It only happens when accelerating. The ticking doesn't happen if I rev'ed the engine while in neutral. It would also stop ticking when its switching gears. Its only when theres a load.

Anyone have any thoughts? TIA!
Did anything ever come of this?

I'll post an update on mine as well. Tonight I did a test drive. The sound only comes on during low rpm load at low speed. It typically happens from 0-30/40mph under load not reaching high rpms. As I was driving around 15-20mph I would shift into N and give it about 2-3k worth of gas, no noise... Shift back into D give it the same 2-3k worth of gas and the noise is there. Parked in my driveway next to another car gave it some revs and nothing while in P. So it only happens while the engine is engaged with the transmission and the vehicle is under load. If it's not under load there is no noise moving or stationary. I got under the vehicle and checked the CV axle boots as mentioned above and both as clean and buttoned up. Very strange.
Appreciate 0