08-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansRobert View Post
I ordered my X5 on Thursday and registered at My BMW where can I see the Vehicle Timeline. Yesterday it was at "Order Documented" phase. I just looked at it not expecting any change and it is now at the "Production Begins" phase. That seemed quick!

Does that mean that production will begin shortly? How long does a vehicle typically stay in the "Production Begins" phase?

I also noticed the selected options is not an exact match for my production order. Is that normal?

Thanks!
It's not unexpected that it jump into production if the stars align. Production is typically a week, give or take a day. You'll get more detail on the 800#. The website only says "Production Begins", but the 800# will give you "In Production", "In the Paint Shop", "Being Assembled", as well as estimated completion dates. BTW - "Production Begins" is actually in production, so your vehicle is being built.

The selected options don't typically match exactly. You want to make sure that any standalone options you selected are there, and that any packages you selected are there. But you might have a few oddities. For instance, mine shows both high-gloss and satin-aluminum roof rails. It also shows comfort seats and multi-contour seats both. It's a pretty generic listing. If anything seems to be missing, then I'd reach out to your CA and request a vehicle information report (VIR) to make sure everything you wanted is there.