View Single Post
      12-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
The levels of grip on tap are equally impressive, as is the entire chassis. “It has very good grip and incredible body control,” Jason Cammisa said. “Stability control stays out of your way. That’s seriously impressive on any modern car, but a truck? Wow, kudos.”

However, Cammisa’s praise of the X6 M stops there. For one, he doesn’t like the way fake engine sounds are pumped through the stereo. “We’re hearing some German nerd’s version of a ‘Star Trek’-era hydrogen-fueled Segway,” he said. “The upshift farts are the only real engine noise you hear, and they’re absurd.” Cammisa didn’t care for the steering, either. “It has no on-center feel at all and no sense of straight ahead,” he said. “It does have reasonable feel in the corners, so if you pay close attention, you’ll know when you get to the limits.” On the back roads, I liked the lack of on-center feel. It made the X6 M feel much more darty and playful. Like a WRX addicted to both steroids and PCP. Cammisa found the BMW’s ride “very stiff, even in Comfort mode,” and the interior sounded like “a cacophony composed of tire impacts and cabin rattles.” Seabaugh, however, saw it this way: “The ride is so stiff I hit a dip and whacked my head on the roof. But what’s another concussion when you’re having this much fun?” Excellent point!
And *this* vehicle won the round up?!