View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #65
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

I'll reserve judgment until I see it for real, but initial impression is that I don't like it as much. That said, cars always look better when you see them with your own eyes rather than in pics which takes out some of the depth.

As others said, the upright grill that is there to conform to pedestrian standards looks odd to me, as does the way the lights extend to the grill. I don't like it on the 3 and I don't like it here. The front is too busy and the intake trim looks strange the way it is shaped like a G.

I also don't like the extra space behind the D pillar. It has the effect of making it look like a hatchback or wagon instead of an SUV. Definitely looks like an overgrown X3 or a 135i with an X3 body kit. I have never cared for the look of the X3 as much as the X5, but in this case it might actually be a better choice.

The interior is incrementally better, but really very similar. The E70 shown doesn't have the leather dash which makes a big difference, as it does on the F15. I'm also not a fan of the standup screen look. I like my screens integrated into the dash. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Looking at the M sport models for a hint of the X5M doesn't help, as that just reinforces the hatchback look. The M sport in the pics looks like an M135i to me.
Gone but not forgotten: '12 X5M, '07 AM SuperVantage, '05 Boxster S, '01 BMW M3,...
Appreciate 0