View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #66
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Can you imagine what it's like to be a designer here, using the E53 and E70 as your inspiration, wanting to create an evolution of that, but then....nein nein nein, it must be uglier, less SAV, more Chrysler minivan, it must have a blunt vertical nose, giant kidney grill that says LOOK AT ME, I HAVE A BMW, it must have slab sides with no tapering - you know, like the new ML and a UPS van...exterior fail.

I don't want to hear about the pedestrian safety regulations causing these hideously square and tall front ends and belt lines. Figure it out, there are many SUVs out there that have managed to still look tapered and sporting. Don't use the current Honda Pilot as your inspiration.
The rear end looks cheap, more X1 than X3. As someone else said, tail lights look like sausages.

That said, it'll grow on me, and I'd still take this over any other luxury SAV at the moment. The E70 with 20s still looks so good though it would be hard to justify a new one over a E70 CPO.

Interior is seriously high end, well done there, though there's nothing sub par about the style or fit and finish of the E70s.
Appreciate 0