10-16-2017, 05:17 PM   #21
Marky Mark
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
First of all: I don't know what I failed, but let me show you your own post man - it's post #14 that you wrote while quoting me. Now if you are new to forum and computers in general, I can understand mistakes, but if not - then you clearly replied to me man. And now you are saying you were replying to someone else and i failed to see this? If you replied by mistake, while wanting to quote someone else - that's understandable, I take no offense, but I can't read minds right?

Secondly: my screen name is a combo of my first and last name. What are you in 5th grade to make fun of it?

Thirdly: thank you for throwing me a bone lol - I'll accept that explanation and will test it

I was responding to post #10, not the one that you have a screen shot of, when you click the "quote" button, it does not quote the entire post, only what you wrote... and regardless, the post that you were incorrectly referring to still does not mention 50i... so ...lol

secondly, you should google how a wastegate works, because you clearly do not get the fact that a wastegate is nothing more than a brick wall limiter on how much boost goes into the intake manifold. Open or closed, the exhaust gases still get routed back into the exhaust or atmosphere.

what I think that you are trying to refer to and are confusing with a wastegate is a blow off valve, and that still does not make the exhaust growl.

The loud exhaust sound that you are hearing on cold start up is your engines ECU making your fuel mixture rich because cold air is more dense, and thus calls for a richer fuel mix... go sit in a n/a 911. On cold start up, the exhaust sounds awesome, yet no wastegate is involved.

On a more important note, why are you taking this so much to heart? You made a mistake, no need to get your panties in a bunch and lash out at everyone... but then again, your screen name does sound like it says, "douche", hahahahaha

and what's funnier is that you actually chose that screen name! And how old are you that you use the word, "man" in almost every sentence?

perhaps you should spend your money getting a Xanax prescription instead... your temper isn't very healthy

I'll throw you another bone, though. If you want to hear your engine growl when you womp on the throttle, try replacing your airbox with a cone filter. You will probably lose a little performance as BMW makes particularly good airboxes (no matter what HP gains cone filter manufacturers claim) but the loss is negligible and you will get the sound that you are looking for.
MPPK+MPE, Premium Package, xLine, Driver Assistance Plus, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Luxury Seating Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection, ACC Stop& Go + Active Driving Assistant, harmon/kardon Surround Sound System, Space-Saver Spare, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Poplar Wood Trim, towing package

Last edited by Marky Mark; 10-16-2017 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0