View Single Post
      09-18-2017, 08:41 AM   #85
TheLastF15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
Best shot I have from behind, sorry not the greatest pics. We chose the luxury package so the bumper is different from standard. I think the difference is the painted piece on the bottom and the chrome strip.

Correct 450 wheels which are a no cost option. I know the 19" are generally not loved here but my wife uses the car a lot for work driving all over the place including to some not great areas. I wanted as much rubber as possible on it especially with the condition of the roads in winter in the NYC area.

Took it on a 120 mile round trip to NJ and it feels smaller than its size. I haven't had a BMW for 20 yrs and really like the way this drives. It handles a lot sharper than the last gen XC90 that we're coming from. The car is for my wife and she loves it but did say that she misses the V8 grunt a little from the Volvo, however she was driving in comfort mode and hasn't really opened the X5 up yet. The X5 feels faster to me and it is on paper.

Car and Driver talked about it needing corrections when driving on straight roads. It definitely has a sportier feel with more precise steering IMO than the new XC90 and Q7 we also tested, which I like a lot better but for someone like my wife coming from a softer SUV it may be an adjustment. The base suspension is not well regarded here, but I'm quite impressed with it, ours also has air suspension. I don't find that it has too much body roll at all, it feels dialed in just right to me. I am going to drive this a lot and I had fun taking some turns with it. I've had several sports cars and find the steering and handling to be quite good, I've been driving in mostly sport mode.
Looks beautiful, is that Carbon Black?
Appreciate 0