View Single Post
      05-16-2016, 10:49 PM   #177
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXdriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappySwede View Post
Life in the US seems so easy. Always sunny and even regular employees can afford BMWs.

Over here in Sweden, things doesn't come that easy. Most doctors and lawyers can't afford new BMWs, unless they are self-employed or gets it as a company car. Salaries are lower, taxes are higher and cars cost more.

Some 90% of the premium branded car sales goes to companies, it's just too much for regular employees to handle, even well educated ones.

Yet, the situation feels better than in neighbouring Norway or Finland. Norway could be the richest nation in the world - salaries are crazy high but their government doesnt let them enjoy any of this. So a BMW F15 starts at about 100 000 USD over there, and that's for a 4 cylinder Engine. You don't have use of a bigger one anyway, as 99,9% of the roads in this giant country are limited to 50 mp/h and speeding cameras are everywhere.

As for Denmark, speeds are higher but their government really hates cars. So the F15 starts at 150 000 USD. Its completely insane, salaries in both these countries are the among the highest in Europe and yet they are forced to drive around in crappy cars.

I feel sorry for the germans too, cars are cheap but yet premium SUVs are a rare sight - they cant even afford their own cars. You just feel surrounded by Skodas and Opels in that country.

As for myself, I dont care too much any more about what I drive. What's started to bother me is that I freeze 8 out of 12 months each time I get out of my car. Tired of looking at my car and life throught a window from the inside. Despite doing fine here, I would relocate to the US if I had the opportunity.

And oh, about the topic itself - I'm 28 years and work with heavy trucks.
Hi there my neighbor. I really like your comments.
- As for us Norwegians - I feels your comments are spot on!!
I am so happy each time I get to one of the very few roads allowing speeds to over what equals about 50 mph. It's surely not often.
So I at least can enjoy our X5's sporty properties a little...
I am just an engineer working way too much... :-)

Have a good week everyone,

All best
Bent
Own a small construction company specializing in health care and municipal. Contracting consultant to a few municipalities. That's what pays for my real love, world travel.
Appreciate 0