Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by retx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
I was thinking today while ambling along about kip1 and the 'annoying things in the X5' thread. And really there is not a lot, if anything that annoys me about the car. The only thing is perhaps the lead time we outside of North America have to wait for the car and the excessive price we pay. And that is down to BMWs sales & pricing policy

So, with this mind how about a 'glass half full' thread; Things we like about the X5?

I'll start it off, and please bear in mind my previous car was the E70 SE with steel springs

1- Quality fit & finish - Far higher than any other BMW I have owned or 'she who must be obeyed' RR
2. Ride - Bloody Great. Love the Adaptive Suspension
3. Sport Mode - FANTASTIC! Used it today on a wet, muddy country road and felt like The Boss 'Born To Run'
4. IDrive & Multi Media - Still the best User Interface - IMO
Could go on but will leave it there
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
5. Pano sunroof
6. the comfort of the "comfort" seats
7. acceleration (yes, in my 30d/35d)
8. quiet
9. split rear hatch, allowing you to sit in the lower one when needed
10. HUD (can never own another car without one)
Like them all, too. Plus,

11. The cool looking corona rings are with a more squarish shape than the traditional round headlights. This makes cars look much much better.
Totally agree. F15 LCI very likely to have OLED I suspect! What was suppose to be a safety feature has become a poignant signature for many cars. The F15 lights with the LED eyebrow looks amazing. I watched one go buy at the supermarket and ran the trolley over my foot because I was so distracted.