View Single Post
      06-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #35
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
I do like the ride of the X5 with the standard suspension. My whole point was that I was expecting it to accelerate well with having to add MPPK or anything else, and this is based on my experience with the 3 series, the stock car drove well, which drew me in to BMW to begin with and I fell in love with BMW cars, but if the X5 is just like any other SUV, than it just makes sense to get something which has more standard feature for much less money. I always thought that BMW SUV were different from rest of the competition because they would drive faster and be fun to drive and would accelerate well from stop. and one would get bets of both world who needs the space of the SUV and the power of a sports car.
Here is my take... back in the day when the term "ultimate driving machine" used to mean something, BMW made very nice sporty handling cars that drove very unique compared to the other luxury brands. You didn't have to option out a sports tuned suspension or specific feature in order to enjoy a nice ride.

Now days, to cater the masses (soccer moms) BMW has toned down their cars and made it numb, boring and less sporty, so that the few "enthusiasts" that still want that BMW driving characteristics can pick and choose the specific options to have their ultimate driving machine at a price.

This is why I have said many times over and over for a certain "ride" characteristics you need an upgraded suspension, Msport line, and performance wheels & tires. Adding MPPK/MPE and the visual cosmetics is a bonus.