View Single Post
      02-02-2023, 01:49 AM   #11
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurMorgan View Post
The trick, at least with the seats in my F85, was to fix the the height first, and then everything else falls into place. In fact, I just followed the instructions from this guy at the M driving school:

Pay special attention to setting your height from the headliner. In an X5, you should be seeing quite a bit of the hood when you're in your natural driving position. Before I adjusted it, I was sitting entirely too low and way too far back. It's going to feel dorky if you're used to a more "laid back" driving position, but after a little while it starts to feel way more natural and correct.

I was NOT happy with these seats originally. I found they had bad pressure points, they'd make my right leg go numb, etc. Using that video as a starting guide and then making minor tweaks here and there made a WORLD of difference. Now I find that the M seats, which most people regard as overly stiff and non-compliant are actually very comfortable, and I enjoy them even on long drives. Give that a shot.
Thanks for sharing. I used this guide to adjust my seat a little higher, slightly closer, steering wheel slightly up and out. I think it feels a lot better so far, keep in mind I generally sit close to the wheel based on similar but not as detailed instruction from similar coaches. After 60 miles I decided to save it as my main memory position--I've made a couple tweaks and will be going on a long drive tomorrow so I'll see how it feels after several hours.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 1