View Single Post
      01-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #3075
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms5 View Post
Thanks, I had just found that thread a few minutes ago. I don't fully understand the procedure to use FDL editor, though. I have located the ncd. file numbers from each of the modules and copied them into the editor but I don't see any available cheat codes for turning on RDC.
When you Right Click Orange CAFD & Select Edit, it is just redirecting you to FDL-Editor. There are not Cheat Codes, especially for options that can be VO coded, for every module. But, make sure to check "Auto Fetch Codes," and clear any filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAshraf7 View Post
I am trying to code video in motion and have followed all of the settings in the cheat sheet. However it does not seem to have made a difference when the car it's driving over 2 miles an hour.

While doing research, it seems that a lot of people caution to not to code any guess work (which I agree). However I have also seen people recommending "try it, if it doesn't work then change it back"

Can the car get damaged (where you have to flash it back) by trying settings? Can you always easily revert it back? (I did make backup of the original CAFD files)

Last question, is there a service manual available for the vehicle?
For IDrive5, video in motion can be coded for up to 63 kph. If you need at all speeds, you can purchase script activation or emulator that fools GPS.

It would depend on what you are coding whether you can do real damage. To revert back to factory, VO code.

For Service Manual, use ISTA+.
Appreciate 0