01-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #60
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I seem to disagree with a couple people on here. I think exercise can definitely compensate for bad eating habits. I also think that good eating habits can nearly negate a non-active lifestyle.

The best is when you combine them.

I also have a friend that is incredibly obese. She eats like a mouse and runs 5 miles a day. Some health condition that I cannot remember but it is impossible for her to lose weight. I feel bad sometimes cause I run less, eat WAY more and am pretty fit.
There are exceptions to most rules, especially when it comes to being fit and losing weight. Marginally poor eating habits can be negated by exercise, when it comes to weight. Not when it comes to health, and no amount of healthy eating will replace 30 min of exercise a day when it comes to fitness.

If one is content with being unfit and at a "healthy weight" a good diet is all they need.
If one wants to be fit and not worry about weight, plenty of exercise is all they need.
If one wants to be a healthy weight and fit, a balanced diet and regular exercise is the prescription.
If one wants to be a healthy weight and exceptionally fit, they need a diet tailored to their goal and exercise regimen.