View Single Post
      12-24-2015, 12:45 AM   #4
rbilramz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 x35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus300
To me I could careless. I have a 2015 BMW X5d and 2014 Audi A6 TDI and I love the TDI engine better (more torque and power) vs the X5. However, the Audi is a great car and the quattro system is unbeatable in the snow with winter tires. Honestly most people are not going to notice that much of a difference with the emission set up that VW/Audi did. My 3.0TDI just needs a small reprogramming but there will be no change in the gas mileage. Few bad seeds at VW doesn't mean the entire company of VW or Audi is bad. I would not even bother making a big thing out of this. Heck GM is alot worse with the ignition recall and Toyota with the pedal stuck and Takata with the airbags compared to this small computer reprogramming cheat. Its not like its going to kill anyone...
I could not agree with you less. VW (and Audi) used a CHEAT DEVICE to knowingly break the law. A law set forth to protect the commons from what is shared. Toyota at el had vehicles with mistakes, something that differs completely by intent.

I'm glad you've enjoyed your TDI, but you did so in a vehicle that knowingly broke laws set forth to protect others. I don't blame you for VW's decisions, but choosing to de-vilify only helps to excuse them from their actions.
Appreciate 4