02-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #77
spyderbret
M3 ZCP Rocks!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP\2018 X5 35i

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
So I'm kinda the odd one out. I had a 13 X5d and then a 15 X5d. The 15's lease is up in April so I debated getting another diesel or switch to the gas. I loved both but am going to get a 35i this time.
There are a couple of reasons for this. First it is a third car for me and my wife so it gets part time duty, maybe 10k miles per year(if that), and it will driven primarily by her and a little by me on the weekends. Originally I wanted the diesel because I was going to tow a trailer. That has not transpired the way I thought it would so I dont need that anymore either. We also had an ongoing unresolved issue with the AC compressor in the 15 which I believe is heat soak related so that was a minor consideration as well. One other minor thing was the 21" wheels which I like were not available in the configurator on the diesel.
We are also purchasing this time versus leasing as my wife likes to keep her cars a lot longer than I do. Now that it's a 3rd car and I dont have to drive it much, plus the proven reliability of the N55 I see it sticking around for a long time.
Dont get me wrong, I love my 35d but for numerous reason the 35i made sense this time. The order is getting placed today so it should be here right around the time I have to turn in my 15.
Both engines are a great choice and should be based on your needs.
And if Lena Dunham looked like Bella Thorne, then I'd probably have seen at least one episode of Girls too.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004008.50