Thread: X5 Big Idea
View Single Post
      01-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
saigonpaul
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 XDRIVE 50i

Question X5 Big Idea

I have a 2015 X5 (F15) 50i... this thing has RF tires and I am just trying to figure out what to do on a long trip with a blow out. I have purchased 1 each Pirelli 255/50R19 (EXACT MATCH) from TIRE RACK to the OEM that are installed on the car. Looks like it MAY fit in the extra container in the rear, at least it measures right!!! In any event, on a long trip I will carry the UNMOUNTED tire with me covered with a tire tote, just in case... from what I read on this site, being stranded out there for a day or weekend is just not acceptable to me, waiting for a tire to be shipped in from WHERE EVER. I also have a compressor , plug kit and plenty of rags.... Ill keep ya posted....

UPDATE... I got the new tire and IT DIDNT FIT, in the rear lower compartment... hmmmm So I guess I will put it an a large trash bag, then use my BMW TIRE TOTE, (I have 3 left from my 528i which I had to buy 4) and only put it in the back when I go on a cross country trip. I don't have a problem with that as I would have a bigger problem if I needed it and was stranded for a while looking for a replacement. In any case, I have it on hand!!! by the way.. TIRE RACK got it to me FAST, one day shipping UPS from Louisiana to the DFW area.

Last edited by saigonpaul; 01-05-2016 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0