View Single Post
      03-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #89
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
OP will never lay his bike over. Be smart,ride slow,take your class on their 250cc,practice as much as possible, and don't be stupid

People say there are two kinds of riders.....the ones that have laid down a bike and the ones that will. So just always be the one that will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Even if you're being sarcastic, that's not funny at all.

That's about as unwise a statement as I've ever read from a motorcyclist. Please recant. That axiom exists for a reason: because it's true. Don't confuse those relatively new to the hobby, man.

I'm smart. I rode smart. I took riders-ed class and aced it -- twice, for good measure. First time I dropped my bike was six months in, while doing a U-turn at about 3 mph. It happens. And any rider needs to be prepared for the inevitability ... because it's not always you who tips the bike over (Second time for me: At a weekly bike gathering, by someone else dismounting the bike next to mine.)
I remember joking with a buddy of mine who got his first bike which was brand new. I told him the first thing you need to do is to just knock the bike over. Knock the new off of it. After that, you won't be so scared to ride it and you've gotten your first "crash" out of the way. Of course I was joking and we both had a good laugh from it.
Appreciate 0