View Single Post
      03-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #110
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelr View Post
Lap times might not differ much but there is a world of difference between a liter bike and 600 supersport when twisting the throttle, you can ring the 600's neck with relative impunity but crack the throttle too far on a liter bike and it will put you on your ass.

I agree that smaller stuff is safer but it's not a death sentence if they go the other way...most accidents on bikes aren't due to power per se, rather bad habits, target fixation, carrying too much speed into a corner etc.
You don't have to tell me the difference between a liter and a 600. I own a liter and a 849 cc V-twin sport bike. I've also ridden a 600 on the track along with another liter on the track. That 600 will still put you on your ass if crack the throttle too much. It's all about where in your throttle pull you get thrown. We're not talking about a 600 cc air cooled V-twin for a cruiser. Just because it's a smaller displacement engine doesn't mean you're not going to get yourself in a world of hurt as fast as a liter. Especially with modern day 600s which are at performance levels of liter bikes a few years ago.

And to your last points....how do you expect someone to learn proper habits if they're too scared to ride the bike the way it's intended?
Appreciate 0