Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
Why is it a ticking bomb ? .... with the greatest of respect why be so over dramatic ...... with regards to the Audi, perhaps there is more demand in other markets ? The world doesn't always revolve around NA and Canada

You sound like you are trying to justify your own actions to yourself.
this is not about me nor NA. I've lived in London for 3 years and in Europe for shy of a decade, and another 8 years in MEA. So I'm fully aware of all things evolving around me
Although I agree with you that a supply/demand inefficiency may occasionally shift a higher attention to supplying more to the higher-demanding countries and may only slow down the supply to lower-demanding countries, but it would never indefinitely shut down a country's entire supply till further notice just because other countries may have higher demands(!)...this simply kills their market-share...not everyone who had decided to buy a diesel would opt for a gas, or wait for diesel to finally come out again (someday!)...they would simply go and explore other options...buy another diesel for example (Mercedes).
Also, I do not suppose if there are any other continents besides NA who have the highest SUV demand ... certainly not Europe or UK for that matter.
Especially with the new act in London and Paris to eliminate diesel vehicles into major central areas by 2020.
I never said my speculations are facts or for certain. What I'm trying to say is that I think this is more than just shortage of supply. No business-man would think otherwise.
Appreciate 0