05-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #42
hacksics
Private
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e M-Sports 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I do not always get that distance on a full charge, but I can. When I do, I am in either EcoPro or Comfort with Max edrive with more conservative driving (ie less aggressive alternating between flooring and braking). Traffic is very mild in the morning commute; I would have to wait for traffic to pass in evening to make it back completely on a single charge.

In Southern California, I often have A/C and heated seats off in the Spring and Fall. Though, I am unsure how much auxiliary services (thermostat, DA+, radio) play into battery drain.

However, driving style and selected mode definitely does. I find battery regeneration is superior when I use battery saver and Sports mode in traffic. In the first 10 miles of a trip home from the airport, I was able to charge battery to 35%. There was an article someone else posted that gives a starting point for understanding and maximizing different driving modes.

I used to fill up a 7-series tank every 1.5 weeks; now, I fill up every 2-3 months. As more charging stations become available, I will always be all electric for work commute at least and fill up even less.
Thanks for the info.

Well, I live in a country close to equator so AC is must and I do not need heated seats ever . So I guess 10~14 miles is the range I'll be getting how hard I try. Wish they could've installed a bigger battery though.
Appreciate 1