View Single Post
      02-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #13
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I hope they do that better than their last s60 polestar.
I agree and I felt similarly to you when they pulled the bait and switch; it was a big disappointment. I think the reason they backed off so much was the imminent death of the I6 engine. They knew they’d be switching to the I4 twin-charged engine half way through the lifespan of the model, and they also knew there was no way they be getting anywhere near 500hp from that engine alone. Although, they were able to improve on the I6’s numbers despite 1L less displacement, which was at least respectable, IMHO.

Anyway, now that they have the hybrid setup to work with, they should be able to get to 450hp I would bet. They did a Polestar tune for the XC90 T8 last year and that was 420hp. I have to believe they can hit 450hp with more development. Plus, they are specializing in electric propulsion now, so if they are given free reign to add more powerful electric motors, the sky is the limit really. Although that could also add more weight (more batteries) so they need to strike the right balance.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00