04-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #52
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
I don't understand why everybody scared of warranty being voided.
As I mentioned before in this thread or other, the dealer will void the warranty with some excuse just because they are just being a dick or an ass.
I heard a few cases of that, such as; they couldn't warranty the window regulator just because the window was tinted. Or, they couldn't warranty the headlamp, just because you didn't park the car indoor or something. Or, they couldn't warranty the defected wood trim because it is just BMW policy.
If you worry about the warranty so much, you shouldn't even do anything to your car, because somehow someway, they will find a way to void the warranty.
Even if you have BMW parts that wasn't installed by them, they can have excuse to void the warranty.
But think about it, just because of M Performance kidney grill or shifter cover was installed by yourself, to avoid the $100+/hour labor fees, you may have your warranty voided. They can come up with, "Oh, the shifter cover wasn't installed by BMW center, therefore it void the warranty on your transmission".
Id say it is a lot different in europe (austria) at least with the main bmw wien dealer. They are really good but the warranty department that has to approve (i think they are based in salzburg) can be quite difficult. I have to say it goes both ways, like if they mess up smthg they will admit it and fix at their cost. I bought extended warranty and service package from them, so yeah, a bit cautious about it.
Appreciate 0