Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobusa View Post
This will get you killed if you pull out into on coming traffic expecting to go. Those moments it takes to absorb your right foot's command are when that car/truck are quickly approaching you, then launching your BMW forward with the urge you'd desired moments earlier is when you get hit. Trust me I know, almost got rear ended. Glad the guy approaching behind me had good brakes. He also had a big middle finger. Dam you BMW. Fix this.
People that say things like that either can't drive and shouldn't be on the road or are idiots.

You mean to tell me, unless your car behaves and responds like E92 M3 then it's no good? What about all those Kia and Hundai or even Lexus SUVs that are on the road? I'm sure those don't have better throttle response.

Now practice driving so you don't get killed you silly mug.
Sorry, unless you have experienced it, you can't begin to understand the issue. I had this "feature" on my F10 535 and it was downright dangerous. I would pull out to make a pass, floor it, and literally be able to count "one thousand one, one thousand two" before ANY acceleration happened. The car would then downshift three gears, and accelerate like a ba out of hell.

Part throttle was worse. Same one thousand two before glacial acceleration with only a single gear kick down.

So stop being a troll and discussing things you don't know anything about.
Appreciate 0