coolmex200
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 2016 X5 35i, F25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Corps View Post
How in the world could you have missed that damage / piss poor repair

OTOH, I just picked up a new built to order X5 and missed seeing some leather defects on the seats that I wonder how I missed

It happens...
Thanks for the reply.

None of the damage was apparent when I picked up the car. I went through the car inspection indoor and outdoors with a flash light, catching several surface scratches that they had to fix before I took delivery. Anyways, humidity is so high that moss grows on the window rubber seal if I don't wash the car every week, and the break rotors look like they rusted after a long weekend of not driving. My initial guess is the humidity screwed them up since they were inside their bags and in the garage, but I'm suspecting the dealer could have had them fix...but all four? Also, one of the tires has the issue almost all the way around the edge, so maybe manufacturer defect could be the issue? Their is also surface rust in the center cap area that I able to wash off and clean fairly well.
I'm emailing the dealer tomorrow to ask if they got the rims retouched/fix before I took delivery.
If not, I'll contact the regional rep and see if it's a warranty issue.
Appreciate 0